Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Get In My Belly


sorry i've been MIA lately. i've been busy traveling, gaining weight, and spending time with my family. i have gained 7 pounds this summer. add to that the 10 pounds of baby weight i never lost giving birth to A. you do the math. and i'm starting to notice it in places other than my ever expanding mid-section. i do double takes when i see myself in the mirror. woah check out that girl's double chin. wait. that's me. my skinny chicken legs are still in tact, but now i'm sporting some serious purdue chick thighs. my husband is constantly pulling on my former stick-man arms and there is at least an inch of fat in his grasps. and god, please forget about my prayers for a J-Lo ass. i was just kidding. (and what i really meant was J-Lo's ass pre Marc Anthony and kids, not preggo J-Lo ass) i want my flat ass (the one my asian friends and i would lament about in high school) back please. and can't i just once be like those bitches who gain weight in their boobs?

i'm growing old. losing weight has become a battle. my 114 pound high school days are over and i need to get a grip. i am a lone soldier fighting an army of ice-cream, cakes, tarts, cookies, heath bars, kit kats (or as D likes to call them:kitty kats), lindt chocolates, sohan (persian version of brittle), whip-cream, flan, creme brule, tiramisu, brownies, batter, etc.

but i'm sick and tired of retreating. it's one thing to take over my belly territory, but when you start fucking with my face and neck, oh i am going to go ape shit. insert 3- finger-Z snaps. a grit. and a 360 degree circular neck roll. shiiyet.

i am going to get my life in order. i'm going to figure out what i want to do: law, teach, write, open up a stand at my farmer's market, go back to school, dance, become a model (ha! just making sure you're paying attention), what have you. i'm going to stop turning to sweets as a quick fix or temporary fulfillment from what's really missing in my life right now. i'm going to make my husband fall in love all over again with that "persian princess" who was driven, ambitious, and skinny (aka smokin hot) in undergrad.

13 comments:

  1. "insert 3- finger-Z snaps. a grit. and a 360 degree circular neck roll. shiiyet."

    That part made me laugh.

    And yes, I think that the eating is because of other parts of your life that may be unfulfilled. for me it's being single. so last night's reese's pieces? took them to the face. :)

    I thought you might like my friend Beth's blog...scroll back a few pages to start it at the beginning: http://theirreverentrunner.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks sara! i tried to do the no sweets thing cold turkey and it didn't work. case in point: i didn't have sweets all day and i sat down to catch up on the real world and ate 8 mini heath bars in a row. and i felt so guilty afterwards. so now, i'm limiting myself to one sweet thing per day. i'll keep you posted. i will definitely check out your friend's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are doing exceptionally well! 1 dessert a day is off to the right start! imagine if you were allergic to dairy???!!! i never can eat dessert!
    -your sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely support efforts to be healthy and feel good about yourself, but Alex is already a very lucky man to be married to someone so beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. for those who don't know, the supermodel (can you say harvard law grad?) standing next to me in the picture above, is my good friend colleen. thanks for always making me feel like a million bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. man, the fact that you went to shs was written ALL over that mutha f&%$in' post! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thnk if you were standing in front of me and said what you just wrote, I would pee myself laughing!! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. honey i still think you could model. beh khoda!

    -shadi

    ReplyDelete
  9. azizam to ke hamishe mahi va hameye ma behet eftekhar mikonim ham az nazare bahoshi ham az nazare khoshgeli.

    Bahareh

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are still smoking hot, and yes colleen is too. All I'm saying is as far as the Mohseni other halves are concerned no need to blow us away :) Seriously though, I'm all for being healthy and happy and still savoring sweets.

    Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  11. rosana: blue devils are in the hiz-ouse. ok i'll stop now.
    cherie: you're too kind.
    shadi: *batting eyelashes* me? model? ya think? i'm flattered!
    bahareh: dokhtar ame azizam. to mesle goli! merci. delam barat ye zare shode.
    jenny: i've missed you so. i hope you like your birthday gift. :) i need to keep up with my blond bombshell future sisters-in-law. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tbooone! Hey, I'm proud of you for making a stand AAAAND publicizing it! I know you've got it in you. You've got tons of great support, so if you ever hit a weak spot, just pick up the phone! Miss you lots! See you tomorrow!

    -Mohsen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Taraneh! Love this post...you always have my full support, too! And we are birds of a feather with our sweets addiction, so you can always come to me if you need to vent to someone who knows how it is. You looked great last night and slim as usual. Sometimes I think you're too tough on yourself, lady! I think all women who just had two kids would kill to have your figure...
    - Inga

    ReplyDelete