Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lazy Mommy


i'm baaack. i had a fun ride on babymohseni.blogspot.com. but since that time, we have another furry addition to the family: anais pari mohseni. age: 23 months old. my cousin (well if you want to get technical, she is the sister of my cousin's wife, but if you're persian and you feel a closeness to someone, you call her your cousin) inspired me to start up again. she is documenting the lives of her beautiful twin baby girls at mamaloves.ca. i don't want my youngest daughter to feel left out and "you kept a blog for dina and took a million pictures of her and did nothing for me and took only 100 pics. wah wah." hence the title of this blog entry. i am guilty as charged. no need for a trial. here is the evidence against me:

1. by the age of 2, dina (my 5 year old) could recite the alphabet and count to 10 in 3 languages.

2. my youngest's vocabulary probably consists of 20 words - all connected in some way to food.

3. by the age of 2, dina was enrolled in 3 kiddie programs.

4. anais is enrolled in 0 activities.

i will say that anais is 95th percentile in height, weight, and head circumference. but sadly, i cannot take credit for these feats. it's the latvian genes at work. so from here on out, i vow to be a better mommy to anais. i will potty-train her on schedule. i will become vigilant about teaching her the ABCs and numbers. and i will sign her up for some swimming lessons and little gym classes. if she gets anything less than her sister, she will forever hold a grudge. (did i mention i am the queen of resentment and holding grudges? my sister lived the dorm life, college apt life, and sorority life throughout college while i lived the commuter, live-at-home-with-your-parents-all-4 years-life.) sigh.

5 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. I'm so glad you decided to write again. Thank you for mentioning my blog.
    xoxoxo

    e.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading your new blog. Kiss the family for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taraneh Jan;
    I am so proud of you and my sister for doing this. Can't wait to read your blogs. Miss you
    Love Golandam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha, you sound just like yourself. you are such a good writer. anais will be ok. she sure is a cutie with all those curls! uh, whose genes are those??? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. that poor second kid just gets the shaft...i blogged about it too! for me, it was forgetting candles for his birthday and having to substitute with a fat,candy cane-striped christmas candle.

    http://chroniclesofmomnia.blogspot.com/2009/01/one-is-lonliest-number.html

    can't wait to read more!!!

    ReplyDelete