Monday, April 26, 2010

you know you're fat when...

you can't zip up your bridesmaid's dress for a wedding that is six weeks away...AND

you return from iran and step on the scale to find that you have gained 5 pounds and didn't even snack throughout the day (are daily glasses of watermelon juice really considered snacks? i think not!)... AND

your skinny friends are running half marathons and your lazy ass can't even run a mile without getting an asthma attack.

iran post coming soon...but i am on a mission and need to announce it the world (well the 10 of you that read this blog). i am going to lose weight this month by eating healthy and hopefully working out, if the asthma permits.

did i mention my other incentive for shedding the pounds and getting my college body back? HAWAII. the husband and i will be celebrating our 8 year (eek!) anniversary late may and i'd like to make him drool by seeing me all tan and oily in my new one-piece juicy bathing suit that i scored from tjmaxx for $49.99 last year and can't quite fit into just yet.

watch out world!
current weight: 147 (that number is all kinds of embarrassing)
goal weight: 127
i know 20 pounds in one month is ridiculously impossible - but i hope to achieve this goal by my 34th birthday, which is july 14. perhaps i will keep a daily log of my progress for your entertainment pleasure.

my little village girl

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back. I missed you. Love your little village girl. She is so cute and I love how she is missing a tooth. Good luck my love. You can do it. Hawaii sounds wonderful. Can't wait to hear all about Iran:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. soo cute! poor dina probably blew here whole eid money on that outfit:)

    ReplyDelete