Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 3 and 4 & Some Faves

have been eating healthier and attempting to snack less. in the sweets department, i have indulged in a few snack size oreo cookies here and there and dried mangos from trader joes. have had no chocolate or ice-cream, though i'm guessing i will go to greenberry tomorrow, since i haven't been in oh so long. but i will limit myself to the 5oz as opposed to the 8oz. however, i will not deny myself the mini-chocolate chips. (baby steps people) i also would like to go to cava at some point over the weekend- and will likely eat locamates for dessert (delicious greek donuts drenched in honey) since they are practically the only dessert my sister can ever order in a restaurant because of her dairy allergy. as you can see, i make sacrifices for the people i love. :)

the biggest news i have to share is that i finally made my man the ghorme sabzi i promised him in my wedding vows 8 years ago. better late than never. it was not as painful as i had imagined. of course buying the ready made frozen sabzi from yekta helped tremendously. it turned out pretty darn good if i do say so myself and i regret not taking pictures to document the momentous occasion. (and to have proof for later in life when alex is old and demented and will likely accuse me of never fulfilling my promise.) i suppose this means i will have to make it again at some point.

here are a few of my favorite purchases of late:

a pair of betsey johnson pearl earrings. love the diamond inserts. all of my non-gold earrings are made by betsey johnson. i love her jewelry. eclectic and unique. i'm a sucker for her bow collection.


my favorite flower is the orchid and its many versions. this particular beauty was purchased from trader joes for $9.99 and will hopefully remain in tact for another week or so.



knobs from anthropologie, which i plan to use as hooks in my closet to hang my necklaces. it was love at first sight with the bird knob...


my comforter from anthropologie is amazing. i've been begging alex for a new mattress for the past 3 years, but this comforter makes me totally forget about our awful mattress. alex gave me the dirtiest look when he first laid eyes on it. i will admit - it is dainty and a tad feminine. but a few nights later, he claimed it was growing on him.


well, i'm going to break out the summer clothes and get ready to go to georgetown with the family unit...

No comments:

Post a Comment